Program: Doctor of Philosophy in LINGUISTICS (English Program)
Department of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Humanities
For Academic Year 2016
Application: 5 July – 28 August 2016
Announcement of Eligible Applicants 29 August 2016
Writing Exam: 4 September 2016
Interview: 4 September 2016
Announcement of entrance result 5 September 2016
Registration: 10 September 2016
Orientation: 10 September 2016
Begin the Semester: 11 September 2016
Detail of Program
Name of Degree (Thai) :พุทธศาสตรดุษฎีบัณฑิตสาขาวิชาภาษาศาสตร์
Abbreviation (Thai) :พธ.ด. (ภาษาศาสตร์)
Name of Degree (English) :Doctor of Philosophy in Linguistics
Abbreviation (English) : Ph.D. (Linguistics)
3.1.1 The number of credits / Curriculum structure
1) Plan 1.1 Students have to write only dissertation for 54 credits and study the subjects of which the content are related to the dissertation and have been registered for 18 credits as designated by the Graduate School, Faculty of Humanities and Executive Committee.
2) Plan 2.1.The students who have completed Master’s Degree that the Graduate School has approved the admission as a special case have to study the subjects not less than 24 credits, the subjects with non-credits for 18 credits and writing dissertation which is equivalent to 36 credits, totaling 60 credits.
3.1.2 The curriculum structure of Doctor of Philosophy in Linguistics
|Subjects||Credits of Plan 1.1||Credits of Plan 2.1|
|2. Major subjects||–||9|
|3. Elective Subjects||–||6|
- The applicants who have completed Master of Arts or the equivalent from the University or Institution recognized by the University Council and have the qualification designated by the University.
- The applicants must have a GPA not less than 3.50 out of 4at Master’s Degree level except those who have a working experience for consecutive 3 years counting from completing Master’s Degree or having an academic work agreed by curriculum committee, and
- The applicants who have never been previously dismissed by any educational institution.
Objective of the program
1. To produce the doctor who can understand and acquire linguistic knowledge and can analyze language as well as creating new knowledge on the language.
2. To produce the doctor who can bring linguistic knowledge to apply in studying, working, communication, exchanging art and culture as well as propagating Buddhism as Dhammadhuta monks both at domestic country and abroad.
3. To produce the doctor who will have sustainably the hospitality, generosity, responsibility for oneself and society, including the country.
Documentations for Admission:
- Two copies of House’s Registration / the passport containing personal details.
- One copy of the Official (Nang Sue Suddhi) Certificate, a character certifycate and an ordination certificate from the Supreme Patriarch of their own country and one letter of recommendation from their teacher.
- Two copies of the official transcript and certificates of Bachelor and Master’s Degree.
- One letter of Migration Certificate from Institute or University.
- Application Form
- Two recent 1.5 inch photos.
- Application fee of 1,000 Baht.
- Applicants shall propose the possible title and dissertation proposal/research and its detail covers the following aspects:
8.1 Dissertation Title in English
8.2 Names of dissertation advisors
8.3 Background and significance of the dissertation
8.4 Objectives of the research
8.5 Scope of the study
8.6 Statement of the research questions desired to know
8.7 Hypothesis of the research (If any)
8.8 Definition of the terms used in this research
8.9 Literature review and research worksconcerned
8.10 Research methodology
8.11 Research framework
8.12 Expected benefits to gain
8.13 Dissertation structure (Temporary Content)
8.14 Bibliography and footnote
8.15 Biography of researcher
For More Information Please Contact:
- Department of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Humanities,
79 Moo 1 Lamsai, Wangnoi, Ayatthaya, 13170 Thailand.
- Website: www.foreignlang.mcu.ac.th
- Telephone No. 089 1465 842 , 085 667 1241 , 081 308 4328